Military Education Benefits

In order to receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, Veterans must apply online here.  Once you receive this certificate, please mail or fax to:

Divers Institute of Technology

ATTN: Student Financial Aid Office
1341 N. Northlake Way, Suite 150,
PO Box 31449
Seattle, Washington 98103-0667

Phone—(800) 634-8377   Fax—(206) 839-5099

Note: If you attended any other institution prior to DIT, you must complete a 22-1995-ARE (Request for Changes of Program or Place of Training). Log on to

Post 9/11 GI Bill® CHAPTER 33
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) CHAPTER 31
Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB) CHAPTER 30
Dependents Educational Assistance Program CHAPTER 35
Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) CHAPTER 1606

POST 9/11 GI BILL® – Chapter 33

military education benefits

If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service after Sept. 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged Veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days, you may be eligible for this VA-administered program.

Active duty military and veterans attending DIT can receive up to $25,162.14  for tuition using the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.

Basic Housing Allowance
At 100% eligibility students can receive up to $2,748 per month, which is paid directly to the student.

Books and Supplies
Students can receive up to $1,000.00 per academic year for books and supplies.

Cumulative Active Duty Since 9/11/01    % of Eligibility
36+ months (includes BASIC) 100%
30   months (includes BASIC) 90%
24   months (includes BASIC) 80%
16   months (excludes BASIC) 70%
12   months (excludes BASIC) 60%
6     months (excludes BASIC) 50%
90   days (excludes BASIC) 40%
30 cumulative active days with service connected discharge 100%
Marine Gunnery SGT Fry Scholarship 100%

Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Once your application for education benefits has been processed and approved, you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility in the mail. You will need to provide this document to the Financial Aid department at your school.

Can’t Find Your Certificate of Eligibility?
Log-in to the VA’s help desk, “Ask a Question” and request that they mail, fax, or email a copy of your COE to you.

Have You Used the Post 9/11 GI Bill® Before?
You do not need to reapply. You do however need to notify the VA that you plan on using your benefits to attend Divers Institute. In order to do this you must complete a Change of Program form- VA Form 22-1995. Change of Program

Transferring the Post 9/11 GI Bill® to a Dependent
The Post 9/11 GI Bill® allows service members to transfer unused education benefits to family members (spouse or children).   Any member who served in the Armed Forces on or after August 1st 2009, who is eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, must also have at least six years of service in the Armed Forces, and commit to additional 4 years or have at least 10 years of service in the Armed Forces.  Transfer request must be submitted and approved while the service member is active duty.

Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) – Chapter 31

military education

If you are an active duty service member who expects to receive an honorable discharge and has a disability rating of 20% or more, or if you are a veteran who has received an honorable or other than honorable discharge with a disability rating of 10% or more, than you may be eligible for this program.

Tuition, Basic Housing Allowance, Books and Supplies, & Application Process:
For more information and/or to see if you are eligible please contact your vocational rehabilitation counselor.

Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB) – Chapter 30

military educational

If you are active duty serving more than two years or you are a veteran with a honorable discharge than you may qualify for this program.

Tuition, Housing Allowance, Books, and Supplies
The monthly benefit paid to you is based on the type of training you take and the length of service. Please contact the VA to find out how much you are eligible to receive.

Survivors’ and Dependents’ Education Assistance (DEA)- Chapter 35

education benefits

If you are the son, daughter or spouse of a Veteran who has died, or is permanent and totally disabled, as a result of service-connected disability you may be eligible for this benefit.

Tuition, Housing Allowance, Books, and Supplies
Dependents of Veterans who qualify will receive a monthly allowance paid directly to the student. Please contact the VA to find out how much you are eligible to receive.

Children may use the benefit while they are between the ages of 18 and 26.

Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve – Chapter 1606

educational benefits for military

Reservists may be eligible for 36 months of education benefits if they are a member of the Selected Reserve and have completed initial active duty training with a 6 year obligation to serve.

How Much Does VA Pay?
Please contact the VA to find out how much you are eligible to receive.

Military Educational Benefits