The required gear will cost up to $4500. Our Financial Aid department will work with you to figure out how to pay for everything. Most students purchase their gear during the first week of school from dive shops who have packaged deals, so you don’t need to worry about purchasing it before you start. We will cover this in detail with you during orientation. If you have any questions contact your Admissions Specialist.
DIT’s Required Equipment List
Equipment is available for purchase locally from NW Dive Supply.
- Dry Suit with Inflation Whip: Must have to pursue requirements for Canadian Certification (CSA Z275.4). We also recommend wrist and ankle seals. You DO NOT need a wetsuit for training purposes at DIT.
- Five Finger Diving Gloves and Hood: Either dry suit or wet suit five finger gloves and a dry suit or a wet suit hood will work.
- Snoopy Cap: A snoopy cap is a custom made liner to wear under dive helmets. Because the snaps must be configured to fit different DIT training helmets, we recommend purchasing this through DIT.
- Safety Harness and Safety Snap Shackle: Must be a minimum five-point harness. Safety shackle will be attached to harness. Note: Can be purchased through DIT
- Dive Knife with harness clip: Stainless Steel, folding, and locking knife.
- Eye Protection/Safety Glasses: (prescription safety glasses acceptable)
- SCUBA Weight Belt
- Lead Weights (minimum of 40 lbs)
- Dive Watch: Water resistant to 200 meters. Must have stopwatch function or a rotating bezel. You must be able to see it underwater.
- Safety Boots/ Shoes: Topside, steel toed all leather work boots.
- Swimsuit or Shorts: to wear under dry/wet suit
- Chafing Boots: Attached to suit or overboots. (For protection of the feet and booties)
- Hard Hat: Must be blue ANSI and OSHA approved with standard brim. Hard hat can be purchased at DIT
- Mask, Snorkel, and Fins
- Combination Padlock
- Rubber Gardening Gloves
- Gear Bag
- Leather Work Gloves
- Blue palm gloves
- Underwater Flashlight with batteries
- Shackle Breaker
- Bail Out 1st stage assembly w/ protective case
Optional Additional Equipment
- Coveralls: Mechanics style coveralls are worn over the wetsuit or drysuit for protection
- Wet Suit: We recommend 1⁄4 ‘’ (7mm) “Farmer John” style wetsuit. Note: When using a wet suit at DIT, it must include hood, booties, and five finger gloves.