DIT offers unique training opportunities to graduates and industry professionals, designed by certified instructors and supervisors to prepare you for international work, supervisor positions, and saturation diving. Previous clients include dive companies such as Global Diving & Salvage, CalDive, local and federal branches of the U.S. Government, law enforcement and rescue agencies, Compressed Air Workers, and foreign government agencies.
Requested courses include:
- Top-up courses for earning an international DCBC Surface Supplied Air Diver Certification, based on assessment of formal training and work history
- Unrestricted Surface Supplied Air Diving Supervisor Course, earning internationally recognized certification through the DCBC
- Inland engineer training, focusing on inspections of bridges, dams and other infrastructures
- Courses for Non-Diving Tenders, Chamber Operators, and Riggers
- Hazards and Legislation training for OSHA, DNR, USCG, Fish and Game and WA state officials, with a focus on the current legislative requirements and rules and regulations governing the commercial diving industry and compressed air (tunnel boring) work being done in the United States and offshore
- Focused on current legislative requirements, and rules and regulations governing the commercial diving industry and compressed air (tunnel boring) work being done in the United States and offshore
- Search and Rescue Training for the Hong Kong Fire Department
Note: All courses may be completed at DIT, but many can be taught at the client’s location.
*These post-graduate/specialty courses are not components of the core diving program and therefore are not accredited by the ACCSC. Any accreditation and certifications pertaining to these courses are listed within the course descriptions.*
If you have a need for specialized training, or want to move into new areas, please contact the Training Department at DIT. We will work with you in meeting your requirements for training and certifications, and on a timeline that meets your needs.
DIT opened the door, literally, to the world with my internationally accepted surface supplied diver certification. The excellent training, assistance with job placement, and the ability to return to the campus for continued education are all factors that have allowed me to excel and continue to succeed as a commercial diver
A day in the life of a DIT Student
Divers Institute of Technology offers our students a wide variety of support services to enhance your education experience.
Let’s Get Started
Have questions about DIT? Want to know when the next class starts? Our friendly admissions advisors are here to help! Fill in the Request Info form and we’ll give you a call.