Sign up for the Certification Program
Commercial Diver Training
Finish in 7 Months, Even If You Have No Prior Experience
I’m not a person that likes to be behind a desk… I’m the kind of person that likes to be hands-on.
– Chris, DIT Student
Want to Learn More?
Just Answer a Few Quick Questions:
Ask yourself – are you:
We train people from all walks of life to become commercial divers with real career prospects.
This isn’t just a job.
This isn’t just a job.
Our 7-month Commercial Diving program is designed to give students the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the diving industry.
After graduating, I had confidence in myself, and my skills. I could successfully start a diving career. I am and was extremely grateful to the staff at D.I.T for making my time in school safe, productive, and crazy fun!
– Nate Schmidt, DIT Class 102-14
It’s Time To Start Your New Adventure!
What You Need To Know About DIT:
- You don’t need to know how to dive.In 7 months we’ll teach you to become a competent, capable diver. No previous scuba experience is needed. You can ‘dive’ feet first into the program.
- You’ll learn to dive in open water, not just tanks and pools.Because of our unique location in Seattle, you’ll learn to dive in varying conditions, similar to those you’ll experience in the industry. This means you’ll be prepared for whatever job you’re required to do when you start your career.
- We’ll teach you everything you need to know.You’ll learn physics, dive medicine, topside and underwater welding, cutting, and burning, rigging, salvage, deep water & open water diving and more. You’ll learn everything from diving industry experts in those 7 months, meaning you don’t need experience in any of those areas.
- Financial Aid: We’ll guide you through it.Financial aid is available for those who qualify. With lots of options to choose from, you can relax knowing that we’ll be here to help you get the funding you need for your education.
- We help you get started in your career.DIT takes pride in helping you get started in your career. Our full-time Placement Director and Placement Team will help you with everything from interview practice and resume writing to hosting recruiters from offshore and inland companies on campus. We are all behind you every step of the way! If you’re willing to put in the hard work, you can have a great career.
- DIT accepts veteran benefits.DIT has been veteran owned and run since 1968. We believe your military experience is an asset and we’ll do everything we can to make it easier for you to join our school, including helping you get the finances you need as a veteran and providing the best support possible for our veteran community.
- We’re based in Seattle.Seattle is a great place to learn and live. Being in Seattle allows you to learn in realistic conditions like those you will experience in the industry. Men’s Health Magazine listed Seattle as “America’s most active city” in 2011. When you live in Seattle you’re surrounded by unparalleled outdoor opportunities.
- Housing SupportDIT can help you find affordable housing near to the school that meets your needs. We have relationships with property managers who rent to our students, and can help you find shared or private housing at a more affordable rate than you may find online.
- You’ll qualify to work internationally.DIT is one of the only commercial dive schools in the U.S. to be internationally certified by the DCBC. This means you’ll be able to take employment opportunities anywhere in the world, which is perfect if you love to travel.
- You don’t need a college degreeYou only need a high school diploma or GED.
- You don’t need any welding experienceOr experience in any of the other areas.
- You don’t need any scuba experienceYou must know how to swim (other physical requirements apply)
What Our Graduates Are Saying…
I’ve used the skills taught to me by the great instructors at DIT on a daily basis. I continually run into DIT graduates out in the field, and they’re always hardworking, professional, and very well trained. After all these years, I still love what I do! I always knew I wanted to see the world, and what I learned at DIT provided me with the opportunity.
We train our divers to excel throughout the commercial diving industry, opening up a whole world of exciting opportunity.
See Where You Can Go:
Offshore This part of the commercial diving industry is where most DIT graduates begin their careers. The offshore industry is very challenging, diverse and exciting. The DCBC certification allows DIT grads to travel and work around the globe.
Inland The inland industry is varied, interesting and requires a “Jack-of-all-Trades” approach. This part of the commercial diving industry is highly diverse and requires a “Can Do” attitude regardless of the challenge presented.
Hazmat Hazmat diving is highly technical, requires special equipment and is all about maintaining control in highly hazardous environments while completing the task assigned. This work requires special advanced certifications and specialized training.
Salvage This is one of the most exciting aspects of diving as it makes one think of “sunken treasure”. Salvage diving presents several unique challenges. Divers salvage ships and their cargos, aircraft and other vehicles and structures that have fallen or sunk in the water. Any body of water can provide a salvage job!
Saturation Saturation Diving is a technique used or employed for deeper and long term diving projects. The diver lives in a pressurized environment onboard the working ship. When required to go to work they are lowered to the jobsite in a pressurized diving bell.