- When do classes start?
- How long is the program?
- What is the cost of the program?
- Do I need welding or diving experience to attend DIT?
- What certifications will I receive?
- Where do students live and how do they pay for housing?
- Will DIT help me find a job after graduating?
- Can I get Financial Aid?
- Does DIT accept Veteran Benefits?
- What makes DIT different from other schools?
1. When do classes start?
Our commercial diver program starts once a month, every month.
2. How long is the program?
3. What is the cost of the program?
The tuition is $25,900. Gear and physical exam are approximately $4405. Financial Aid can potentially cover all of that, as well as your housing and living costs.Click here for more information about Financial Aid.
4. Do I need welding or diving experience to attend DIT?
No, you don’t! No experience required.
5. What certifications will I receive?
Upon completion of our 900-hour program, and meeting the requirements set forth by each certifying authority while in school, graduates may earn the following certifications:
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Unrestricted Surface Supplied Air Diver Certification, issued by the Divers Certification Board of Canada (DCBC)
- Association of Dive Contractors International (ADCI) Entry Level Tender/Diver Certification
- First Aid, CPR, Oxygen provider, A.E.D. and Blood Pathogens Certification
- Hazardous Waste Materials (HazMat) 40-hour OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 and WAC 80-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) Open Water SCUBA Certification
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) Nitrox (EANX) Certification
- Kirby Morgan Hat Operator Certificate
- Qualified Rigger (RP2D) (REV-7)
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA) Certificate
- Level I Liquid Penetrate Testing Certificate of Completion (NDT)
- Level II Magnetic Particle Testing Certificate of Completion (NDT)
6. Where do students live and how do they pay for housing?
For those who don’t currently reside in the Seattle area, DIT has plenty of affordable housing nearby. Our Admissions department will help you find a place to live, and our Financial Aid department will be able discuss options that are available to help you pay for housing.
7. Will DIT help me find a job after graduating?
We do offer job placement services, including campus visits from recruiters, job listings and continued assistance throughout your career. For more information, click here.
8. Can I get Financial Aid?
Financial Aid is available to those that qualify, and we are here to help you figure that out. In order for us to determine your eligibility for financial aid, you must start by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ **Be sure to enter our school code on the school selection portion of your FAFSA, which is 011481.
9. Does DIT accept Veteran Benefits?
Yes, we sure do! Click here for more information.
10. What makes DIT different from other schools?
There are so many reasons to choose DIT. Click here to see a list.
DIT opened the door, literally, to the world with my internationally accepted surface supplied diver certification. The excellent training, assistance with job placement, and the ability to return to the campus for continued education are all factors that have allowed me to excel and continue to succeed as a commercial diver