- When do classes start, how long is the course, and what does it cost?
- What certifications will I receive?
- Do I need welding or diving experience to attend DIT?
- Where do students live, and how do they pay for housing?
- Will DIT help me get a job after graduating?
- Can I get Financial Aid?
- Does DIT accept Veterans benefits?
- What makes DIT different from other schools?
1. When do classes start, how long is the course, and what does it cost?
Our core program starts once a month, every month. It is 7 months long and the tuition is $25,900. Gear and physical exam are approximately $4500. Financial Aid can potentially cover all of that, as well as your housing and living costs. We also take the G.I. Bill.
2. What certifications will I receive?
Upon completion of our 900-hour program, and meeting the requirements set forth by each certifying authority while in school, graduates may earn the following certifications:
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Unrestricted Surface Supplied Air Diver Certification, issued by the Divers Certification Board of Canada (DCBC)
- Association of Dive Contractors International (ADCI) Entry Level Tender/Diver Certification
- First Aid, CPR, Oxygen provider, A.E.D. and Blood Pathogens Certification
- Hazardous Waste Materials (HazMat) 40-hour OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 and WAC 80-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) Open Water SCUBA Certification
- Kirby Morgan Hat Operator Certification
- API Rigger; API 2D (RP2D) (REV-7) Certification
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA) Certificate
- Level I Liquid Penetrate Testing Certificate of Completion (NDT)
- Level II Magnetic Particle Testing Certificate of Completion (NDT)
3. Do I need welding or diving experience to attend DIT?
No, you don’t, and we do not recommend that you obtain either before attending DIT.
4. Where do students live, and how do they pay for housing?
DIT has plenty of affordable housing nearby. Our Admissions department will help you find a place to live, and our Financial Aid department will be able discuss options that are available to help you pay for housing.
5. Will DIT help me get a job after graduating?
DIT takes pride in helping you get started in your career. If you are willing to do what it takes to be successful, you can feel confident that you will have a great career, and we play a significant role in that process by helping you connect with industry employers.
6. Can I get Financial Aid?
Financial aid is available to those that qualify, and we are here to help you figure that out. In order for us to determine your eligibility for financial aid, you must start by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
**Be sure to enter our school code on the school selection portion of your FAFSA, which is 011481.
7. Does DIT accept Veterans Benefits?
Yes, we do, and we are eager to help make that process simple for you. We take a lot of pride in helping our student Veteran population. Call us for help. (800) 634 8377
8. What makes DIT different from other schools?
There are several great reasons to choose DIT. Click here to learn more.