Accreditation and Licensure
DIT is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC, www.accsc.org). The Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency under the provisions of Chapter 33, Title 38, U.S. Code and subsequent legislation. DIT is licensed by the Washington State Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board (WTECB).
NOTE: This school is licensed under Chapter 28C.10 RCW; inquiries or complaints regarding this or any other private vocational school may be made to:
Olympia, WA 98504-3105
Email – [email protected]
Initially audited in September of 2003, and every five years since, DIT was found to be in compliance with CSA Z275.4 by the Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC). DIT is the first diving program in the U.S. to reach this goal of providing international. DCBC certification is recognized by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) of the United Kingdom and the Australian Diver Accreditation Scheme (ADAS). Most other international diving and national certifying regulatory agencies having reciprocity agreements with the aforementioned authorities. DIT is the first diving program in the U.S. to reach this goal. International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) fully recognizes the DCBC certification our students receive without them having to log further dives after graduation.
DIT is proud to be associated with and professional members of the following organizations:
- The American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI)
- Diver Certification Board of Canada
- The Historical Diving Society U.S.A. (HDSUSA)
- International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA)
- National Association of Student Financial and Administrators (NASFAA)
- Northwest Career Colleges Federation (NWCCF)
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI)
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS)
- Washington Financial Aid Association (WFAA)
- Western Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (WASFAA)
- Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC)
I’ve used the skills taught to me by the great instructors at DIT on a daily basis. I continually run into DIT graduates out in the field, and they’re always hardworking, professional, and very well trained. After all these years, I still love what I do! I always knew I wanted to see the world, and what I learned at DIT provided me with the opportunity.